May 25, 2010

Why I hate non-TA invites on Facebook

Previously I've mentioned the fact which irritates me most of all: it's non-target audience's invites. Let me explain what I mean: my "friends" on Facebook (some of them are actually hardly known offline, but are interesting persons who became contacts in some period of time) twice or three times a week send me "invites" for meetings, concerts, events etc. which are:

A) not in the city where I live in;
B) not in the country where I live in;
C) not of my interest (like author-music, experimental art, coaching etc. etc.)

The real marketing power of Facebook is - as well as in any marketing or promotion - oh my God, what an unusual thing - IN A TARGET AUDIENCE (TA). When you send an invite for a TA - it's an invite, an effective communication and an expected thing. When you send a non-TA invite - you spread simple spam. You communicate for communication, making yourself an excuse that you "don't have any bad aim". Dear "inviters", do you know how you look like? Like "SPAM" in this classical sketch of Monty Python's.



You are EVERYWHERE, but you're just an annoying buzz. So please, do NOT invite me. Sincerely yours, the man who hates "communication for communication" without "any aim".



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

ПОПУЛЯРНІ ПУБЛІКАЦІЇ